Terms and Conditions
The IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society Conference Management System is developed and maintained by PaperCept, Inc.
If you are a conference organizer interested in using the system, please contact us by sending an email through the link
TERMS & CONDITIONS for Use of the PaperCept, Inc Web Site
- Copyrighted Information and Copyright Agent. Please note that the pages on the Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed.
Unless otherwise noted, all information, text, articles, data, images, Documents (as defined below), software, workflows or other materials (collectively hereinafter referred to as the "Materials") contained on any page within this Site are copyrighted by the PaperCept, Inc., or a third party (hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Copyright Holder"). Title to copyright in the Materials will at all times remain with the Copyright Holder. You may only use, download or copy the Materials contained in the Site in accordance with the Terms and Conditions. Any permitted copies of the Materials must retain the copyright notice, and any other proprietary notices contained in such Materials. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, you may not edit, modify or make use of the Materials without the express, prior written consent of the PaperCept, Inc. You may not use any content contained in the Materials in any manner that may give a false or misleading impression or statement as to the PaperCept, Inc, the Copyright Holder, or any third party referenced in the Materials. Nothing on this Site shall be construed as conferring any license under any Copyright Holder's intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. You agree to use the Site and the Materials and services and products on the Site or accessible via the Site only for lawful purposes. The PaperCept, Inc may revoke any of the foregoing rights, as well as any access and use authorizations granted to users of the site at any time.
PaperCept, Inc. and its Materials are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark and other laws. © 2003- PaperCept, Inc. All rights reserved. Specifically, PaperCept, Inc. does not convey to anyone, through allowing access to paperplaza.net, papercept.net, any ownership rights in paperplaza.net, papercept.net or in any Content appearing on or made available through paperplaza.net, papercept.net. Except as specifically provided in these Terms and Conditions (including any applicable Supplemental Terms), user may not copy, modify, translate, transmit, distribute, adapt, reproduce, decompile, reverse engineer or disassemble any part of paperplaza.net, papercept.net or its Materials.
The PaperCept, Inc. respects the rights of all copyright holders and in this regard, it has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users who infringe the rights of copyright holders. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide PaperCept, Inc., the following information required by the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. 512:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyright work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The PaperCept, Incís administrator for notice of claims of copyright infringement on or regarding this site can be reached as follows:
Attn: PaperCept, Inc., 10344 Virginia Lee Dr., Centerville, OH 45458, USA
- Notice With Regard to Documents on this Site. Permission to display, copy and/or download any papers, articles or other works of authorship on this Site (the "Documents") is hereby granted, provided that (a) the copyright notice set forth on the Document and a statement that the Document is being reproduced under permission of the Copyright Holder both appear on such displayed, copied or downloaded Document, (b) use or reproduction of such Documents from this Site is for informational or personal use only, and (c) no modifications of any Documents are made. Any other use of the Documents is expressly prohibited.
- Disclaimers and Limitation on Liability.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," AND THE PAPERCEPT, INC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENTS. PAPERCEPT, INC DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISCLAIMER OF ACCURACY. THE PAPERCEPT, INC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. THIS SITE COULD CONTAIN TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES. THE PAPERCEPT, INC RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ADD TO, CHANGE OR DELETE ITS CONTENT OR ANY PART THEREOF WITHOUT NOTICE. ANY PRICE OR AVAILABILITY INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. ADDITIONALLY, THIS SITE MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DOCUMENTS AND SOFTWARE. THE PAPERCEPT, INC MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE ACCURACY, TRUTH, QUALITY, SUITABILITY OR RELIABILITY OF SUCH INFORMATION. THE PAPERCEPT, INC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR INACCURACIES CONTAINED IN ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY. NEITHER PAPERCEPT, INC NOR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES WILL BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES CONTAINED HEREIN, WHICH INCLUDES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. THIS IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT, SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES.
YOU HAVE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ADEQUATE PROTECTION AND BACKUP OF DATA AND/OR EQUIPMENT USED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND WILL NOT MAKE ANY CLAIM AGAINST THE PAPERCEPT, INC FOR LOST DATA, RE-RUN TIME, INACCURATE OUTPUT, WORK DELAYS OR LOST PROFITS RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE MATERIALS.
- LIMITATION ON LIABILITY OF COPYRIGHT HOLDERS.COPYRIGHT HOLDERS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, PROFIT OR GOODWILL OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF THE MATERIALS OR PERFORMANCE OR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CONTENTS THEREOF.
- Links to Third Party Sites. Any other web sites that are accessible via any link on this Site are not under the control of the PaperCept, Inc. The PaperCept, Inc is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to the information contained in such sites. The PaperCept, Inc provides the linked sites to you only as a convenience and the inclusions of any such link on the Site does not imply the PaperCept, Inc's endorsement of the site, the organization operating such site, nor any products or services of that organization. Your linking to any off-site pages or other sites is entirely at your own risk.
- Export Restrictions. The PaperCept, Inc is bound by U.S. law the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is the responsibility of users of our services to ensure that they are in compliance with all laws including export restrictions.
- References to Products or Services. Information published by the PaperCept, Inc on the Site may contain references or cross references to PaperCept, Inc products or services that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that PaperCept, Inc intends to announce such products or services in your country. Please contact PaperCept, Inc Member Services for information regarding the products and services that may be available to you.
- User Input. Unless otherwise provided in the Terms and Conditions, any communication, material or feedback with regard to contents on this Site transmitted by a user of this Site via electronic mail or otherwise, including any data, questions, or comments regarding the content of any Document or other information contained on the Site, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and PaperCept, Inc shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute the information to others without limitation. Further, the PaperCept, Inc shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, without limitation, publication on the Site, or other PaperCept, Inc publications, and developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information. The PaperCept, Inc shall have no obligation to compensate the contributor of such information in any manner.
- Complete Agreement: Changes to the Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions represent the entire understanding relating to the use of the Site and prevail over any prior or contemporaneous, conflicting or additional, communications. PaperCept, Inc shall have the right to revise and modify the Terms and Conditions at any time by posting the revised Terms and Conditions on the Site. Any use of the Site after such posting shall be deemed to constitute acceptance of the revised Terms and Conditions by the user.
- Logos. The term PaperPlaza, PaperCept, Inc., its logo, and other PaperCept, Inc logos and titles are property of the PaperCept, Inc. All other products, company names or other marks appearing on this Site are the trademarks of their respective owners. Nothing contained in the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark displayed on the Site without prior written permission of PaperCept, Inc or other trademark owners.
- Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the PaperCept, Inc, its officers, directors, employees, members, agents and affiliates from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your breach of the Terms and Conditions. The PaperCept, Inc shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
- Termination. PaperCept, Inc may terminate this agreement at any time. Upon termination, you agree to cease all use of this Site. Without limiting the foregoing, PaperCept, Inc shall have the right to immediately terminate your access and use of the Site, or any portion of the Site, in the event of any conduct by you or through your account which PaperCept, Inc, in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of the Terms and Conditions. The provisions of Sections 4, 9, 12 and this Section 14 shall survive any termination of this agreement.
- About your Security and Privacy
- Credit Card Transactions
For your protection, we have taken a number of steps to maximize the security of financial transactions that are accepted on the PaperCept, Inc Web Site. Credit Card processing is accomplished using secure processing services. No information about your credit card that can lead to their misuse, including the full credit card number and expiration date, is ever stored on the PaperCept, Inc servers. Your entry of credit card information is encrypted when transmitted in secure mode. If you are behind a firewall, the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) feature of your browser and the processing of the credit card may be blocked. If for any reason, you still feel uncomfortable submitting your credit card over the Internet, you can mail your form to us.
In addition, there are constantly changing restrictions in the use of encryption software and schemes that are used in various countries. The use of appropriate software and encryption options are your responsibility, and the PaperCept, Inc assumes no risk or liability in ensuring your compliance to local law.
REGARDLESS OF THE PRECAUTIONS TAKEN BY YOU OR BY THE PAPERCEPT, INC, "PERFECT SECURITY" DOES NOT EXIST ON THE INTERNET. THE PAPERCEPT, INC CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO THIS SITE OR THE PAPERCEPT, INC, AND YOU TRANSMIT SUCH INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Information We Collect From You, How We Use the Information and Opt-out Choices
There are a number of areas in the PaperCept, Inc Web Site where we ask for and collect information about you, including personally identifiable information. Where we do, it is in order to serve you better, or is necessary to accomplish the service you are requesting. Examples include membership information (which may include name, address, email, telephone number and educational and professional affiliation), security identifiers, shipping information, and product purchase information stored in online transactions.
From time to time, to better serve our members and to supplement member dues, the PaperCept, Inc mailing list, in part or as a whole, is released to other engineering organizations that have signed a "Memorendum of Agreement" with the PaperCept, Inc, to provide you with information on relevant technical products and services useful to our members. In addition, the mailing lists may be used in connection with informing you about PaperCept, Inc services, products, conferences, meetings and events.
Security identifiers are not disclosed to third parties or affiliated persons or entities. Shipping information (except membership information as noted above) and product purchase information stored in online shopping carts is not disclosed except in connection with the fulfillment and processing of your orders and requests
- Use of "Cookies"
- General PaperCept, Inc Web Server Security
All of the PaperCept, Inc Web servers use self generated security certificates using industry-standard certificate techniques.
- Personal Protection of Your Access Rights and Authentication
A username (or PIN) and password will be used to authenticate you when you enter privileged services that are offered by the PaperCept, Inc. After authentication, the service being requested will be allowed based on your current status in the PaperCept, Inc.
- Links to Third Parties
- Legal Requests
The PaperCept, Inc cooperates with law enforcement inquiries, as well as other third parties, to enforce laws. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us, service or content providers we work with, or you to possible legal liability.